Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm an AfriCAN, not an AfriCAN'T.

I figured I’d be as short and sweet as possible about the insanely incredible time I’ve had since my whole “living in the moment” has deterred me from updating this blog as of yet!

Winning London a.k.a. the most epic layover (thanks Lexi Medina):
Snapped tourist photos at Trafalgar Square
Rode the tube to Picadilly Circle
Waved to the Queen at Buckingham Palace
Passed by Big Ben
Enjoyed the view of London from the Eye
Sipped on my first legal drink
Got butterflies for my next stop—Cape Town

Since arriving in South Africa, it’s been a non-stop whirlwind of events and activities with each adventure topping the next. So far I’ve:
Climbed Table Mountain jet-lagged
Visited Cape of Good Hope
Walked to Cape Point
Fallen in love with UCT’s campus
Played with the South African Penguins
Explored Clifton Beach
Relaxed at Camp’s Bay(both at the beach and the notorious St. Iyves club)
Paid half a bill at a Mexican restaurant for lack of alcohol in our margaritas, four wrong dishes, and the blatant lies of their manager to the fourteen American girls there (side note we were advised not to pay for the whole thing from the waitress!)
Been to a braai
Helped plan a braai
Go Braai or Go Home
Listened to dub-step
Realized the nightlife in Cape Town is unlike anywhere at home
Pronounced almost everything wrong
Suffered from FOMO(fear of missing out)
Learned “Americans live for questions”
Worn more sunscreen than per usual—shoulders already peeled though
Introduced some South Africans to drinking games i.e. flip cup
Had an amazing dinner in Stellenbosch
Danced to Waka Waka
Moved into a house with 28 people but seriously got the sweetest single in the place
Felt confident that I made the best study abroad decision ever

As soon as I figure out how to actually upload pictures this blog might get more interesting and more frequent. Getting used to not having automatic Wi-fi is definitely an adjustment though!

No comments:

Post a Comment